If you are a pro-athlete or boxer as a sport then you probably do have an idea that the boxing gloves end up stinking. Why do boxers wear gloves? And when you need to know the right technique to clean your boxing gloves from the inside and outside both.
Let’s delve into the details and find out how to clean boxing gloves from the inside to avoid them smelling and getting dirty, keep reading.
How to Clean Your Boxing Gloves Inside? In 4 Easy Steps!
Even if you follow cleaning methods religiously, cleaning your kickboxing gloves from the inside becomes a necessity still. It’s important to clean your gloves from time to time because this keeps them fresh and smelling inside. You can do that by following some of the methods below:
Step 1: Use an Anti-Bacterial Spray
The most crucial part about cleaning is killing all the germs and bacteria from the inside of your gloves. If by chance your gloves have become too dirty and have developed a really bad and thick stench, then use a spray to remove all the bacteria. After you have sprayed your gloves, leave your boxing gloves in the fresh air or in the sun to dry. You can use this method regularly or even alternatively for clean boxing gloves from the inside.
Step 2: Soaking in Saltwater
Did you know that salt water is excellent for the removal of unwanted smells and bacteria from the inside of the gloves? Yes, that’s right! Saltwater soak works perfectly to remove all dirt and stench.
- Make sure your gloves can withstand the saline solution (salt water) and then
- Take a bowl, add some salt and lukewarm water to it, and stir it. Then add your gloves to it.
- Soak your gloves in the salt water and keep them in the water overnight to eliminate all signs of bacteria and to keep the gloves clean from the inside.
Step 3: Using the Stuffing Method
Another effective technique to clean your boxing gloves from the inside is by stuffing them with glove dogs. For those who don’t know what glove dogs are, then these are cotton bags that are filled to the brim with cedar chips and easily draw out bacteria and keep your gloves fresh. Glove dogs absorb all the moisture and keep your gloves dry from the inside.
This technique is one of the most effective methods, preventing smelly bacteria and even increasing the lifespan of your boxing gloves.
Step 4: Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Shocking isn’t it? But this item, although easily available in the kitchen, is a quick remedy found in our homes that can be used to clean the inside of the gloves. Apple cider vinegar can be used to clean professional boxing gloves with ease, not just that but you can also clean gym bags, punching bags, and even your shoes. To clean your boxing gloves from the inside, follow the steps below:
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and take it in your hand.
- Now rub the liquid in the inside of your gloves gently
- After rubbing the apple cider vinegar, you can let the boxing gloves dry overnight
- If the gloves are extra dirty and smelly you can add extra drops of the vinegar and rub them in.
Using these techniques you can easily dry the gloves overnight and you will see the stink gone in the morning.
What methods can I follow to prevent the boxing gloves from getting dirty and smelly on the inside?
- Let your gloves dry out completely after every use. This is crucial because, after a strenuous boxing match in the ring, it’s likely to happen that your boxing gloves become germ-laden from the inside and the reason why they usually tend to become smelly and even dirty. To avoid that just let them air dry completely by keeping them in a ventilated area.
- Wiping your gloves after every use is also an effective technique to keep your gloves clean from the inside. Start by taking a slightly wet towel and cleaning the gloves thoroughly from the outside and inside both. This minimizes the moisture inside your gloves and hence no bacteria stays in making your gloves clean.
What are hand wraps and can they be worn inside the boxing gloves?
Yes, they can be! Hand wraps are similar to sponges and can easily soak up all the moisture from the gloves as well as the hands. In this case, instead of cleaning the inside of the gloves, you will just have to make sure your wraps are washed and cleaned!
Who said taking care of the gloves is a tough job? It’s not! In fact, it is pretty easy and can be done by following the easiest techniques stated above. Get fresh and clean boxing gloves from the inside overnight!
I am not a good blogger but I started blogging when I was in my college. one day scrolling my social media pages and top of the page one notification was coming like this “ earn money from blogging”.then I clicked that notification. After that, I was confused that which niche is better for me. Finally, I selected the niche and I was comfortable with that glove’s reviewer.