There is no doubt that a good pair of baseball gloves can make a huge difference in your game. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, having the right equipment is essential to playing your best.
When it comes to baseball gloves, there are a few things you need to consider before making your purchase. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of gloves available and help you choose the best glove for your needs.
What Are the Different Types of Baseball Gloves Available?
There are four main types of baseball gloves available: fielder’s gloves, catcher’s mitts, first baseman’s mitts, and batting gloves for youth.
- Batting Gloves – Batting gloves are worn by the batter and help them grip the bat better. They are typically made of lightweight leather or synthetic material and come in a variety of colors.
- Fielder’s Gloves – Fielder’s gloves are designed for outfield players. They typically have a shallower pocket and are smaller in size than other types of gloves.
- Catcher’s Mitts – Catcher’s mitts are very large and provide the catcher with a safe place to catch pitches.
- First Baseman’s Mitts – A first baseman’s mitt is slightly smaller than the average fielder’s glove. It offers more support for catching balls compared to other types of gloves, but it does not have as deep of a pocket as most fielder’s gloves.
Though these four types of gloves are the most commonly used in baseball, there is also a wide variety of other glove options available to you!
For example, pitchers’ gloves offer better grip for catching balls and scooping them out of the dirt. Utility players might prefer using first baseman mitts with an open web that offers the most flexibility.
Now that you know the different types of baseball gloves, let’s look at the pros and cons of using each of them in the section below.
Each type of baseball glove has its own set of pros and cons. Let’s take a look at each one:
- Batting gloves are lightweight and provide a good grip for the bat. They come in a variety of colors, which can help players to stand out on the field.
- Fielder’s gloves are typically very well-made and durable. They offer good protection for your hand and have a shallow pocket that makes it easier to catch the ball. The downside to fielder’s gloves is that they are smaller than other types of baseball gloves, which can make it more difficult to catch the ball.
- Catcher mitts offer superior protection for your hand due to their larger size. They also have a deeper pocket that makes catching balls significantly easier (especially when compared to the fielder’s glove pockets). The downside to catcher’s mitts is that they can be difficult to run in, especially when the ball rolls into the webbing area.
- First baseman mitts are designed specifically for first basemen and typically have a deeper pocket than other types of gloves. This makes catching balls very easy, but the downside is that it can be difficult to run in if you are not used to using this type of glove.
The Benefits of Buying Used Gloves vs Buying New Ones
When it comes to baseball gloves, there are two main options: buying new ones or buying used ones.4
New Baseball Gloves
When you buy a new baseball glove, you are getting a product that is brand new and has never been used before. This means that the glove will be in perfect condition and offer the best performance possible. The downside to buying new gloves is that they can be quite expensive, especially if you are looking for a top-of-the-line model.
Used Baseball Gloves
When you buy used baseball gloves, you are getting a product that has already been used by someone else. This means that the glove may not be in perfect condition and it may need to be broken in before you start using it.
The main benefit of buying used gloves is that they can save you a significant amount of money, which means that you may have more money available for other pieces of equipment (such as your bat and cleats).
What’s the best age to start using Youth Baseball gloves?
Typically, the best age to start using youth baseball gloves is around six or seven years old. This is when most players have developed the hand strength and dexterity needed to use a glove properly.
If you are looking for a new baseball glove, be sure to check out our selection of the best youth baseball gloves! We have compiled a list of the top-rated gloves on the market, so you can be sure to find the perfect one for your child.
What To Look For In A Youth Baseball Glove?
When you are trying to find the best baseball gloves for youth players, there are several things that you should keep in mind:
- Brand – You don’t have to be a ballplayer to appreciate the value of buying an expensive glove. A great leather, high-quality batting – it’ll last longer than your average “no-name” brand!
- Price – The cost of a baseball glove can vary depending on your budget. A good place to start would be with the cheaper models, which usually range from $20-$150 dollars but it all depends on what you want out there!
- Size – Youth baseball gloves typically come in two sizes: small and medium. If your child’s hand does not fit into either of these sizes, the glove can often be adjusted to fit.
- Material – Baseball gloves are typically made out of two different materials: leather or synthetic. Leather gloves offer the best grip and durability, but they can also be quite expensive. Synthetic gloves are less expensive than leather gloves, but they do not offer as good of a grip and tend to wear out more quickly.
- Webbing – Webbing is the part of a glove that lies between your thumb and index finger. Make sure to consider what type you’re looking for before buying as it can greatly affect how well the gloves fit!
- Padding – Baseball gloves often come with additional padding on the palm, which makes it an important factor to consider when buying baseball gloves as it helps to protect your hand from getting injured when you catch the ball.
- Style – There are so many styles of gloves to choose from, it can be hard finding the perfect one. You’ll want something durable and comfortable for your little ballplayer!
- The shape of the hand – Picking out the perfect baseball glove is tough, especially if your child’s hands are shaped differently than what one might expect. Try taking their hand and comparing it to either an oval or round shape before making any decisions on which type of fit will work best for them!
Top 6 Youth Baseball Gloves reviews
There are many different gloves on the market today, so it can be difficult to determine which one is best for your child.
To help make this decision easier, we have compiled a list of the five best youth baseball gloves on the market:
1. Prodigy Series Baseball Gloves – Rawlings
The Prodigy Series Youth Baseball Glove is a perfect fit for athletes who are looking to take their game up another level. The perfect youth baseball gloves for growing hands, these prodigy series models come in two sizes 11.5” and 12″.
Whether you’re just playing around or serious about going pro, this glove provides the balance of protection and performance with its taper design that has been created by experts in baseball equipment manufacturing.
The glove is game-ready out of the box and comes with a break-in process that’s been 90% finished. This glove features an innovative design that will make your next game more enjoyable.
This model features basket web material for maximum catching power while also having protection against hard shots in even tough conditions such as rain or snow.
This glove is great for quick closure. It can be put on easily with one hand and still provide excellent protection when needed most. The glove’s fingers are designed to quickly snap together, making it easy for players of any skill level or age group to put on their gloves without having complicated steps.
- Specifically designed for the needs of players ages 6 to 12
- The perfect utility glove for youth baseball players – flexible fit for growing hands
- Soft all-leather shell construction and palm lining create an optimal balance between comfort, protection, and performance
- 90% factory break-in means that this glove is ready right away with very limited break-in needed
- Patented Sure Catch Technology makes closing around the baseball easier than any other glove on the market
- Well-loved by coaches and players around the U.S.
- Offers good value for money
- Only comes in two sizes: 11.25″ and 12.00″
- May not fit players with small hands because the glove is designed to be worn by children of larger stature.
This glove is super-soft and is equipped with palm lining and all-leather shell construction which provide a very comfortable feel.
It also adds shock reduction so the glove is safe to use for young baseball players who may not have developed hand strength yet in order to maintain control of their swings while playing against stronger opponents or high-velocity pitches!
For the Prodigy Series, the right-hand orientation is to throw with your hands in a manner that allows for straight shots and accurate throws.
A lefty’s opposite approach works just as well when you’re looking at it from across home plate; however, be careful not to confuse which way someone prefers because they can use either side without issues!
The Prodigy Series Youth Baseball Glove is an excellent choice for players of all skill levels who are looking to take their game up a notch. With its taper design, this glove provides the ideal balance between protection and performance while being super-soft at the same time!
This glove comes with 90% factory break-in which means that it is ready to go right out of the box. This model features basket web material, which provides maximum catching power while also having protection against hard shots in even tough conditions such as rain or snow.
The perfect utility glove for youth baseball players, this glove has a very flexible fit and will grow with your child’s hand!
The patented Sure Catch Technology makes closing around the baseball easier than any other glove on the market. With its easy one-handed put-on and snap fingers, this glove is a favorite among coaches and players alike!
Machine-washable gloves are all well and good until you factor in that they take forever to dry. You also have to be careful when cleaning them so that you don’t accidentally ruin the material or structure.
With the Prodigy Series Youth Baseball Glove, this is not an issue! This glove can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth and will air-dry in no time at all.
All in all, we recommend the Prodigy Series Youth Baseball Glove for players of all skill levels!
2. 2022 A2000® SP125 12.5″ Baseball Glove – Wilson
The 2022 A2000® SP125 Baseball Glove is a left-handed model that features an attention-grabbing tie-dye super snakeskin leather shell. This glove offers durability and unmatched performance so you can go all out on the field without worry of getting hurt, while also looking good doing it!
The bright neon green logos complement your daring side, as well as purple dual welting. Around this 12.5″ sized glove are various lavender stitches which add elegance when coupled together in style by way of sleek silver eyelets at either end – just enough to keep things interesting but not too much as we know what our users prefer these days.
The Wilson A2000® SP125 glove is made for the serious player. It is designed with a dual post web that gives you an edge on defense and helps to control the ball when making catches.
The deep pocket of this baseball glove also allows you to grip the ball securely, preventing it from slipping out even in wet conditions. This model is perfect for players who want a durable glove that can handle any type of playing surface.
- Made specifically for left-handed players
- Comes with a durable leather palm with dual post webbing
- Built with Pro Stock Leather for its robust build and exceptional feel
- The flexibility of the palm and mitt allows for better grip, dexterity, and mobility.
- The leather palm is also more breathable than traditional leather gloves
- The feel of the new A2000 glove’s liner is softer and more luxurious than before.
- Some users have reported that the glove runs a little small
- The tie-dye look may not be for everyone
- No right-handed option available for this model
- These gloves are a bit on the pricey side
The A2000® SP125 also features Wilson’s patented SuperSkin material, which makes the gloves stronger, lighter, and more flexible than traditional leather gloves.
This gives you the advantage when trying to make catches in difficult positions or when the game is getting rough. The microfiber material of the outer shell also adds protection and durability that you can count on when in a tight spot.
This series is available in both left-handed and right-handed models, so no matter which type your child prefers it will be easy to find one that works for them! The patented PowerClose technology ensures an optimal fit so you can always feel confident about your game.
The Wilson A2000® SP125 Baseball Glove is a favorite among players of all skill levels. With its comfortable design, you can feel the difference when catching the ball.
The SuperSkin material makes the gloves strong and light, while the PowerClose technology ensures a perfect fit. This glove is also machine-washable and easy to clean – making it a great choice for on-the-go players.
We highly recommend this model to anyone looking for an excellent baseball glove!
3. R9 Series Youth Baseball Glove – Rawlings
The R9 Series Youth Baseball Gloves are a great choice for players who want to take their game as far up the ladder of competition as it will go. This model is made with a combination of premium full-grain leather and ballistic nylon, making it durable enough to last through seasons upon seasons of play.
These gloves have been designed to make sure that you will get the most out of them, whether on or off the field. They feature pro stock patterns cut by Rawlings’ best-in-class pattern makers – so when they say “play hard”, we know what it means!
The pre-oiled leather also helps accelerate break-in time for your new glove, adding a softer feel that players have come to love.
This youth baseball glove has a modified open back with added wrist support for extra comfort and stability when catching balls or throwing them across the field. This model is officially approved by Little League, making it a great choice for players of all ages!
- Provides the classic feel you would expect from Rawlings’ pro stock patterns so your game can be at its best every time out on the field
- The leather used in this glove has been oiled to allow for faster break-in time
- The open back allows for more flexibility and breathability when playing, making it comfortable all game long
- Features a mesh palm liner that offers added comfort under the glove
- Because this model is oiled leather you will need to condition it regularly to keep its optimal shape over time.
- Some customers have reported receiving gloves with stitching errors
These gloves are available in sizes from 11 inches all the way up to 13.25 – so no matter what size you need it will be easy to find one that works for your child!
The knuckle pad design gives you added protection when sliding and diving, while also providing a better grip on the ball. With its high-end performance and great adjustability, this glove is perfect for players of all types!
You will also love that the R9 Series Youth Baseball Glove comes with a very affordable price point – making it one of our most budget-friendly options on today’s market.
The brand has worked hard to produce gloves at every level so you can always find one that works for your child. For those just starting out or players looking to take their game up a notch, this glove is an excellent choice!
If you’re in the market for an affordable, high-quality youth baseball glove, look no further than the Rawlings Renegade Series.
With its pro stock patterns and durable construction, this glove is sure to help you perform your best out on the field. The open back allows for more flexibility and breathability, while the mesh palm liner provides added comfort.
We recommend this model for players at all levels who are looking for a durable and reliable glove!
4. CTZ 5000 Youth Baseball Fielding Glove – Franklin Sports
The Franklin Sports CTZ 5000 Youth Baseball Fielding Glove is a great choice for younger players who are just starting to learn the ropes of baseball. This glove has been designed with easy-to-use features that will make it simple and fun for your child to catch balls and throw them across the diamond.
Made from synthetic materials, this glove is lightweight and durable so it can stand up to plenty of wear and tear. The soft inner lining provides a comfortable fit that stays in place no matter how fast your child plays – which means you don’t have to worry about them losing their gloves!
With its Velcro strap design for stability on the field at all times, we’re confident these will be one pair worth buying because they’ll last longer than any other type out there without sacrificing comfort or performance.
Why play without protection? With this youth baseball glove, you can keep your hands safe while still enjoying all that playing brings. Whether right-handed or left-handed and regardless if it’s an adult size large – junior small these gloves will work great!
- The synthetic materials make this glove lightweight and durable
- It comes in both right-handed and left-handed models to accommodate players of all skill levels
- The soft inner lining will provide your child with a comfortable fit
- This model is available in multiple sizes, so you can always find one that fits their hand perfectly
- Customers have reported receiving gloves with stitching faults
The mesh palm lining provides added breathability, keeping your child comfortable even in the hottest weather. The reinforced web design provides a much greater range of motion for catching balls and throwing them across the diamond at high speeds – making it perfect for players who are just starting out!
This glove has been approved by Little League so you can trust that it will meet the high standards of quality and safety that you expect. Available in sizes from 11 inches to 12.75 inches, this glove is perfect for players who are just starting out or need a smaller option.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and durable youth baseball glove that your child will love, look no further than the Franklin Sports CTZ 5000.
This model is perfect for younger players who are just starting out or trying to improve their skills on the field. You won’t find it necessary to break this glove in as it’s ready to use from the moment you take it out of the box!
5. Prospect Select Series Youth Baseball Glove -Mizuno
The Mizuno Prospect Series Youth Baseball Glove is a great choice for any young player who wants to step up their game. This glove has been designed with top-quality materials and innovative designs that will help your child play like the pros.
Made from soft kip leather, this glove is both comfortable and durable. The double-stitched web design provides a large range of motion for catching balls and throwing them with ease across the diamond. The raised heel and open back provide comfort while allowing your child’s hand to breathe – keeping their palm cool even in hot weather!
This youth baseball catching glove features an I-Web design, which provides more flexibility than other models on the market.
It also has a ParaShock palm pad, which will absorb the shock of impact and help to reduce hand fatigue. The Bio Soft leather construction ensures a comfortable fit, while the Velcro strap provides extra stability.
Available in both right-handed and left-handed models, this glove is perfect for players of all ages and abilities. It is available in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can be sure to find one that suits your child’s needs perfectly!
- The I-Web design provides greater flexibility than other baseball gloves on the market today
- The ParaShock palm pad absorbs shock and reduces hand fatigue for extended comfort throughout the game
- The Bio Soft leather is lightweight and comfortable, ensuring that your child will stay focused on the game
- This youth catching glove comes in both right-handed and left-handed models to accommodate players of all skill levels
- It is also available in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can find the perfect one for your child’s hand
- Several customers have noted that the glove is too small
- Others have reported receiving gloves with poor stitching quality
- The glove is slightly stiffer compared to other models, which may take some time to get used to
The Mizuno Prospect Series Youth Baseball Glove has a comfortable, lightweight design with an open backhand and thumb position. It also features the new Spin Dash technology for enhanced ball control on hard or dry pitches which takes your child’s game to another level!
The Mizuno Prospect Series Youth Baseball Glove is a top-quality choice for any young player who wants to improve their skills on the diamond. With its innovative design and comfortable construction, your child will be able to make plays that you never thought possible!
Available in sizes from 11 inches to 12.75 inches, this glove is perfect for players who are just starting out or need a smaller option.
If you’re looking for a youth baseball glove that will help your child take their game to the next level, the Mizuno Prospect Series Youth Baseball Glove is a great option.
With its I-Web design and ParaShock palm pad, this glove provides superior flexibility and comfort for players of all ages and abilities. You won’t find a better youth-catching glove on the market today!
6. Scout Flex Series Youth Baseball Glove – Easton
The Easton Scout Flex Series Youth Baseball Glove is designed for serious young ballplayers who want to improve their skills on the field. This glove is made from top-quality materials and features innovative designs that will help your child play like a pro!
Constructed from a combination of kip leather and synthetic materials, this glove is both comfortable and lightweight. It has been designed with an I-Web design for enhanced flexibility, as well as a ParaShock palm pad that will absorb shock to reduce hand fatigue throughout the game.
- This youth baseball glove is made from top-quality materials to ensure that it will last for many seasons
- It has an I-Web design and ParaShock palm pad, which provide superior flexibility and comfort
- The leather construction ensures a comfortable fit with no added bulk or weight
- Limited size options available
- There is only one color available
The Easton Scout Flex Series Youth Baseball Glove is a great choice for any young ballplayer who wants to improve their skills on the field. With its innovative design and comfortable construction, this glove will help your child take their game to the next
The Easton Scout Flex Series Youth Baseball Glove features a raised heel and an open back, which provides comfort for your child’s hand while allowing it to breathe.
The Velcro strap helps provide additional stability during each play, ensuring that the glove won’t slip off of their hand even when they are making a quick catch or throw!
Available in both left-handed and right-handed models, this youth baseball catching glove is perfect for players of all ages and abilities. It comes in a variety of colors and sizes to fit nearly any hand, so you can find the perfect glove for your child!
If you want to help your child take their game to the next level, you can’t go wrong with the Easton Scout Flex Series Youth Baseball Glove.
With its combination of kip leather and synthetic materials, this glove is extremely durable while also being comfortable enough for them to wear all day long!
How To Choose a Good Pair of Baseball Gloves for Youth Players
When it comes down to choosing the right youth baseball glove, there are several factors that you should consider.
The importance of finding the right glove size cannot be stressed enough. Unlike other items, gloves often come in many different heights and widths so that one may fit your child’s hands just fine!
Baseball Glove Size
The first thing to think about is the size of the glove. Youth gloves typically come in two sizes: small and medium. If you are unsure of which size to get, it is best to go with the smaller option. Most gloves can be adjusted to fit a larger hand, but it is much more difficult to make a small glove larger.
The second thing to consider is the shape of your child’s hand. Some gloves are designed for players with round hands, while others are designed for those with oval-shaped hands. If you are unsure about which type of glove to get, it is best to go with the one that your child’s hand naturally fits into.
Baseball gloves are typically made out of two different materials: leather or synthetic. Leather gloves offer the best grip and durability, but they can also be quite expensive.
Synthetic gloves are less expensive than leather gloves, but they do not offer as good of a grip and tend to wear out more quickly.
The webbing is the part of the glove that lies between your thumb and index finger. There are three different types of webbing: open, closed, or I-web (a hybrid).
- Open webbings offer more flexibility than other types, but they can also provide less support for catching balls as a result.
- Closed webs offer superior protection because there is no gap between the thumb and index finger, but they can be more difficult to run with.
- I-webbing is a hybrid of the two previous webbings and offers the best of both worlds.
Baseball gloves often come with additional padding on the palm, which helps to protect your hand from getting injured when you catch the ball.
The price of a baseball glove can vary significantly, so it is important to set a budget before you start shopping. You do not want to spend too much or too little on a glove, as this could affect your child’s performance on the field.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you should be able to find a good pair of baseball gloves for your child that meets his or her needs.
When it comes to finding the best youth baseball gloves, there are a lot of different factors to consider. You want to find a glove that is made from high-quality materials and features an innovative design that will help your child play like a pro!
The gloves listed in this article are all great choices for young ballplayers who want to improve their skills on the diamond. So, don’t wait any longer – order your child a new youth baseball glove today and see how they can take their game to the next level!
We hope that this guide helps you find the best youth baseball glove for your child! Thanks for reading!
I am not a good blogger but I started blogging when I was in my college. one day scrolling my social media pages and top of the page one notification was coming like this “ earn money from blogging”.then I clicked that notification. After that, I was confused that which niche is better for me. Finally, I selected the niche and I was comfortable with that glove’s reviewer.