If you change the oil for your engine on your own, you should know how incredible it feels to go with something as time-consuming and messy as this. That is why having the best gloves for an oil change is a crucial first step if you do not want to mess up your first oil-changing experience.
There are plenty of options that you can choose from when buying gloves. However, not all of these gloves are the best fit for the work you will do. In this article, we cover the best gloves for oil change that you could buy. So read on without any further ado.
Top 10 Best Gloves for Oil Change Review
|LANON PVC Coated Chemical Resistant Gloves||
||$11.99 ($11.99 / Count)||Buy Now|
|Mechanix Wear: FastFit Work Gloves - Touch Capable (Large, Black)||
|AMMEX GLOVEWORKS Industrial Black Nitrile Gloves||
||$17.78 ($0.18 / Count)||Buy Now|
|Grease Monkey General Purpose Nitrile Coated Work Gloves||
||$20.84 ($1.39 / Count)||Buy Now|
|MCR Safety 6410SC Double-Dipped PVC Jersey Lined Sandpaper Finish Men's Gloves||
|Maxiflex 34-874 Ultimate Nitrile Grip Work Gloves, Medium, 3 Piece||
|Mechanix Wear: The Original Work Gloves - Touch Capable (Large, Black)||
|SAS Safety 66519 Raven Powder-Free Nitrile Disposable Glove||
||$16.64 ($0.17 / Count)||Buy Now|
|Vgo 3-Pairs High Dexterity Heavy Duty Mechanic Glove||
||$49.98 ($16.66 / Count)||Buy Now|
|Work Gloves - Extra Grip Palm Touch Screen Glove||
While there are plenty more gloves that you can shoe from, we have selected the few that we think might be at the pinnacle of the glove industry. The following are the corresponding top 10 best gloves for oil change.
1. Lanon Protection Heavy Duty PVC
The first entry on our list is perfect for changing the oil of your vehicle engine and for other purposes like gardening, painting, foresting, etc. In short, it is one of the best multi-purpose gloves.
Most gloves tend to be made from latex. However, you do not have to worry about that since this glove is made from 2 toned PVC. This means that even people with latex allergies can use this glove without facing any issues. In addition, the gloves have been manufactured with a micro-granular palm finish to improve the grip when working.
The liner of the gloves is made from seamless cotton. This ensures that the glove has enough breathability to increase the comfort of the wilder while absorbing the sweat that your fingers and palm produce when working.
This glove has shown excellent results from mechanical tests and experience. It has a 90 percent chemical immunity rating that allows working with most chemicals other than highly corrosive acids and alkalis. In addition, it has also passed level four of the abrasion test, which means that it is very durable and can withstand extreme tensile stress.
The great thing about this glove is that you can clean the glove anytime on your washing machine, just like you clean your regular clothes. No special treatment is needed to clean the gloves. This makes the gloves perfect for continuous use when changing the engine oil since you won’t have to worry about the gloves becoming dirty.
However, do note not to use the gloves in extreme temperatures above 158 degrees Fahrenheit for too long. Also, these gloves are not fit for dry washing.
These sorts of actions will cause the glove to show signs of wear and tear more quickly than it is supposed to show.
- There are three sizes of this glove pair: L, XL, and XXL
- It is made out of Polyvinyl Chloride and seamless cotton lining
- Comes with a two-tone design
- Micro-Granular Finish on palm and fingers
- It weighs only 8.7 oz. and comes with a 1.95 mm thickness
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Has an excellent grip
- Absorbs the sweat produces when working
- Easy to wash in a washing machine
- Can’t withstand extreme temperatures above a certain threshold
- Not fit for dry cleaning
2. Mechanix Wear MFF-05-010 FastFit Work Gloves
The Mechanix is one of the stylish gloves on our list. While it is mainly made for repair jobs and working with mechanical issues with machines, it is more than fit to be performed when changing your vehicle’s oil. While the gloves themselves appear to be sort of thin, they are by no means weak. They are more durable than most other gloves out there.
These gloves are not only thin but also lightweight. They weigh only about 0.6 mm in thickness. These gloves have been engineered so that the fingers don’t interfere with the dexterity of your fingers. It gives you the tactile feel that you get while handling the engine’s metal parts when changing the oil.
The glove is made from faux leather, which provides optimal dexterity while keeping its density as minimum as possible. It also features soft padding in the palm and fingers, which give more durability and help you decrease the amount of stress that your fingers feel when removing heavyweights. In addition, the fingers and the lining of the gloves have been reinforced further.
The best feature of this glove is that it is highly elastic. Not only does this decrease the amount of stress it can experience before the glove snaps, but it can also exert more tensile forces on the subject.
Velcro has been used on the cuffs of the glove to help increase grip on your hands. This ensures that the gloves do not leave your hand quickly, even if your hands become too greasy with oil. The Mechanix glove is very easy to wear and responds promptly and efficiently when you want to remove it.
- It comes in many different colors
- There are 6 different sizes available, starting from small to XX-large
- It is extremely elastic and made from faux leather
- The palm and fingers have been padded and reinforced
- It weighs about 2.4 ounces
- Very thin and lightweight
- Padding on parts of the glove help decrease the amount of stress
- Has a breathable back
- The Velcro in the cuffs ensures that it can easily be worn and taken off
- Very durable, so it lasts for a very long time
- The fingers might be slightly loose
3. GlovePlus Industrial Black Nitrile Gloves
This glove model comes from a very famous brand of glove makes, which is loved by people worldwide. While it mostly makes surgical gloves for medical purposes, this gloves model is mainly made for mechanical jobs, including working on changing the oil. However, note that these are disposable gloves, so you will need to change them regularly.
These gloves provide a textured feel. This makes the gloves extremely easy to use while making them extremely thin. While it has a thin and light structure, it is also successful in being resistant to punctures up to a certain extent. It also has a firm grip while providing a large surface area to grab the small tools without any problem.
If you are hypoallergenic or allergic to latex, you will not have to worry about using this product. The gloves are made from Nitrile and do not contain even a latex particle. It has an ambidextrous hand orientation.
While the gloves come in many different sizes differing from each other by a lot, this sizing is not accurate. The manufacturers have developed a sizing chart that explains the size required for different hand sizes. There are several flaws and misinformation about the information provided by the chart since they have been drawn up using basic assumptions.
The Glove Plus gloves are great for changing oil. This is because they have a repelling effect on the oil particles, which cause the particles of oil and grease to be repelled each time it comes in contact with the glove. As a result, the glove stays clean for a long time without any need to be disposed of.
- It is made out of nitrile and has an ambidextrous hand orientation
- Provides medium-duty protection against chemicals
- Strong resistance against punctures
- Comes in black and weighs around 4 oz.
- Thin and lightweight
- Extremely durable
- Repels the grease and oil particles
- Provides an exceptional grip on any object
- Problems with sizing the gloves and the information regarding them provided by the manufacturers
4. Grease Monkey General Nitrile Coated Work Gloves
The previous entry on our list was mainly meant for changing oils for industrial purposes. However, the current entry is intended for home uses only. This one is also made from Nitrile and is entirely free from Latex like the previous one. Therefore it can be used by everyone.
While the entire glove is made from Nitrile, the fingertips have been further dipped in extra Nitrile. This gives the glove an excellent grip that can be sued to grasp the tools needed around when working around the house. Therefore this glove is perfect for changing the oil inside a vehicle.
The gloves are an excellent insulator, which reduces the chances of getting electrically shocked while changing the oil from a machine. The gloves come together with specially designed back knitting that increases the breathability experienced by the user. In addition, this factor also helps in absorbing sweat when working.
While you can wash the gloves in your washing machine just like your standard cloth, several issues have been raised that repeated washing can lead to peeling off in many parts of the gloves. So you should definitely avoid frequently washing the gloves in a washing machine. Alternatively, you can also wash them by hand.
These gloves come together in a package with 15 same-colored gloves so that you can wear a new glove when the old one tears. All the gloves manufactured in this model are of the same size and only fit a single size. However, since they are elastic, you do not have to worry about the gloves not holding a hand slightly bigger than the allowed size.
- These gloves come together in a pack of 15
- It has been designed to provide protection to your hands while resisting punctures
- Made of Nitrile and weighs only 1 pound
- The product has an excellent grip
- Robust and lightweight
- Latex-free and comfortable to use
- Finger sensitive so can be used on touch screen phones
- Breathable material that absorbs sweat
- Only comes in one size
- Too much washing causes the extra nitrile coatings on the finger to start peeling
5. MCR Safety Double-Dipped PVC Gloves
The MCR safety gloves are one of the most futuristic and aesthetically pleasing ones. While it might not be as thin and small as all the previous entries, that doesn’t mean that this glove is any worse by any means. While you can change the oil with this glove, it can also refine chemicals that require a robust glove.
The gloves have been constructed using PVC while getting a sandpaper finish. This solves the problem of it not being remotely related to latex which causes allergies. In addition, the gloves have been designed with jersey lines and finally reinforced with both PVC and plastic. This allows it to be both appealing and highly durable.
Since the glove is already big enough and has been reinforced twice, there is no need for it to be elastic. It has a non-slip grip and a tight-lipped handcuff which means that the glove will never fall off your hands quickly. Additionally, it is also a good insulator and a lousy conductor. While it is resistant to electricity, the heat from hot oils will not affect the glove.
Furthermore, the gloves are highly resistant to most chemicals and have also passed the abrasion test, which means that it is very durable and can withstand extreme tensile stress. This allows more force to exert onto the gloves. These gloves are one of the best budget-friendly gloves in the market.
- Made of Polyvinyl Chloride
- Comes with a combination of orange and black in color
- Double dipped with both plastic and PVC
- Tight-lipped cuffs for the non-slip property
- It is about 6.3 ounces in weight
- These gloves have a warranty of 3 days
- Very durable and tough
- Won’t slip off your hand easily
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comes in an affordable price range
- Only a single size is available, which is slightly large
6. Maxiflex 34-874 Nitrile Grip Work Gloves
These gloves have followed quite a unique way of manufacturing. While its main structure s made of latex, the gloves themselves have been dipped in Nitrile entirely. While the gloves extend to the wrists, the wrist part has not been dipped to retain their elasticity. This helps provide an enhanced grip while cool and wet to the touch.
While you might not want to get wet in the winter, with this glove, you can work with all the oil and fluids as much as you want without getting too annoyed by the cold. Since they are form-fitting, they will stick to your hands quite tightly, making sure to protect your hands from the chilly chemicals and the air that accompanies them while ensuring that you can do your work correctly.
While these gloves are extremely cozy and have provided an excellent service, you need to note that the nitrile coating tends to disintegrate after a few months. Once the nitrile coating is gone, the rest of the glove will soon follow the same fate as it starts to tear up.
However, despite the short life span of MaxiFlex gloves, they are still one of the most popular gloves that people buy in bulk. In fact, people have reported that these gloves are so comfortable that you could forget that you are wearing a glove when you are working with them. These gloves are so light that they are known to get rid of fatigue and improve your working efficiency.
- Each package comes with either 3 or 12 pairs of gloves, depending on the price of the package
- It is tightly knitted and offers a Nitrile lining over latex structure
- Comes with long cuffs that extend to the wrist
- Provides grip even when working with oil
- Provides a firm grip
- Very warm and cozy
- Lightweight and durable
- Made of breathable materials
- The gloves do not last longer than a few months after rough use
7. Mechanix Wear Original Work Gloves
This is another Mechanix glove that is quite popular among many mechanics and repairmen who work with machinery, oil, and engines in their every life. In fact, it has a reputation that most NASCAR car mechanics tend to wear this gloves model.
The main structure of the glove is made from faux leather, while the palm and the fingers have been reinforced with two separate pieces of synthetic leather. While these gloves are not elastic, they have been in a way to follow up the shape of hands even if they are slightly bigger than the intended size.
The materials make the glove stay dry and provide strong warmth so that you can stay safe from the coolness of the oil during harsh winters. It also absorbs much of the sweat that accumulates when you start working.
As we mentioned above, the gloves are not elastic. However, this is not the case for the wrists. The wrists are entirely elastic and extend high up your arm to provide both warmth and protection from the oil spillages that follow when changing the oil in your machinery or vehicles.
This elasticity is strong enough to keep the gloves in your hand and ensure that they do not spill when the gloves become too greasy. All you need to do is pull the loop down, and the glove will come off quickly without taking much time and effort. You can also use the loop to pull the glove up to wear it just as quickly.
- It is made of faux leather
- The palm and fingertips have been reinforced with synthetic leather
- The gloves come in many different colors
- A TPR loop has been built on the wrist, which can wear the glove
- A long extended elastic wrist cuff to prevent slipping
- Cut and puncture-resistant
- Lightweight and a lot of colors to choose from
- Very warm and cozy
- Anatomically designed
- Doesn’t last long if used too much
8. SAS Safety Raven Powder-free Nitrile Disposable Gloves
The SAS safety Raven glove is one of the safest disposable gloves to work with oil while ensuring that you have the best protection as long as you have a big enough budget to spend on these gloves.
The gloves are incredibly sturdy and go as far as showing an outstanding amount of flexibility when working with them. What’s more, they are so comfortable that people have reported that they felt like they were not wearing any gloves after some time of wearing them.
They have been designed to be able to withstand strong chemicals. They have a smooth texture with enough friction, which helps prevent the grip from decreasing from too much grease and oil. SAS has been the master of grips in the industry when it comes to grips. They have shown enough capability in this feature to earn that title rightfully.
- The gloves are both latex-free and powder-free
- Each box comes with 100 disposable gloves
- Made of Nitrile with ambidextrous orientation
- Excellent dexterity and strength
- Lightweight but robust and long-lasting
- Provides incredible resistance against chemicals
- Comfortable to use
- Offers effective grip
- Needs to be changed frequently depending on the intensity of the usage
9. Vgo High Dexterity Heavy-Duty Mechanic Glove
If you want a glove that can be used for a long time and will provide a good quality of protection against most oil spillages, the Vgo glove could be your best option. The palms of the glove are made from abrasion-resistant synthetic leather and reinforced with patches of PVC. They provide extra protection to your hand in case of inevitable accidents.
The top of the glove is made from Spandex which ensures the breathability property of the glove, while thermoplastic rubber knuckle guards protect the knuckles of your hand from impacts. In addition, the thumb has been designed with terry clothes which can be used to absorb the weight from your hands.
The glove has followed an ergonomic design and has been constructed using several different ideas, which allowed the glove to follow the natural curves of the hands and prevent the material from being too useless.
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Supports touch screen mobile phones
- An ergonomic design
- Comes in many different colors
- Easy sweat absorption
- Provides excellent protection against abrasion, punctures, and cuts
- Very comfortable to wear
- Comes in an affordable price
- It can be used to interact with touch screen mobile phones
- The sizing might be too small
10. OZERO Mechanic Gloves
The final entry on our list is one of the most technologically advanced gloves you can choose from. It is made mainly from a microfiber and polyester mixture, providing extreme durability and flexibility while making the gloves very lightweight. These gloves are meant to be tightly fitted to your hand, which means that they will not compromise the dexterity of your fingers.
These gloves provide a textured feel. This makes the gloves extremely easy to use while making them extremely thin; While it has a thin and light structure, it is also successful in being resistant to punctures up to a certain extent. It also has a solid grip while providing a large surface area to grab the small tools without any problem.
In addition, they have been structured with silicon particles and so tend to repel the oil from their surfaces. This makes them a great choice to wear when working to change the oil of your engines.
- It has a hook and loop-type closure system
- Comes with an excellent grip
- Provides protection against most chemicals
- Repels oil and grease particles
- Comes with 90 days of servicing life
- Extremely lightweight and flexible
- Do not require washing much since it repels oil
- Offers protection against abrasion
- The structure has been reinforced with silicon
- The fingers get enlarged after some time of usage
How to Maintain and Care Oil Change Gloves
Gloves for oil change used to the oil tend to be thin. While most of them are durable, they are susceptible to becoming stained with oil and grease from an engine. It will decrease the mobility and maneuverability of the gloves by ruining their fabrics. That is why you must clean the gloves in the right way.
Synthetic Latex and Cotton Gloves
- Step 1: These types of gloves are the easiest to clean. All you need to do is clean them in the washing machine. But be warned not to use dry cleaners.
- Step 2: You can also wash them with your hands on a sink using mild dishwashing soap or laundry detergent. Do not use bleaches and other oxidants.
- Step 3: After washing the gloves, air dry them by hanging them in the air. Do not expose them to the sun since this will shrink the glove.
Nitrile and PVC Gloves
- Step 1: Use mild laundry detergent or dishwashing soap and wash in a sink using your hands. Do not use any bleach or other oxidants that cause discoloration.
- Step 2: Leave the gloves to dry in the air. Do not sundry them or use any dry cleaning methods.
- Step 1: Wash your gloves in the washing machine on a regular basis. Bleach and solvents are oxidizing substances that can produce discoloration.
- Step 2: Message the palm and fingers of the glove using your hands to remove the excess water.
- Step 3: Air-dry the gloves by hanging them in the air. Do not sundry or machine dry the gloves.
How to Choose the Best Gloves for Oil Change
If you are going to buy gloves for oil change of your vehicle or any machine with an engine, there are several factors that you need to keep a mind. These factors are as follows:
The first thing that the gloves for oil change need to take care of is your own safety. You need to ensure that the glove will protect you against any accident that you might experience while working on the engine. Additionally, the glove itself must also survive for a long time to keep providing the same quality of service.
If you wear gloves for oil change for a long time, there is a high chance that you will be experiencing some form of discomfort, such as frustration and aching palms. That’s why you must ensure that the glove that you are using must be made from breathable materials so that you do not feel stressed out from the binding that the gloves give.
Size and Comfort
Gloves’ size varies from each other, and depending on how big it is, it might also be too heavy. Wearing a heavy glove might not be comfortable at all. That’s why you should use gloves for oil change that is neither too big nor too small to be too tight. In addition, several glove engineering and designs can make the glove more comfortable irrespective of their size.
The final factor ultimately depends on the glove’s budget you are willing to spend. A high-quality hand glove may cost you quite an amount. But take note that proper construction gloves will also bring you good results at the end of the day.
Is it possible to waterproof oil-changing gloves that aren’t waterproof?
Yes, it is possible to waterproof gloves up to a certain extent. You can use waterproofing wax-like Nikwax to apply them to gloves and make them waterproof. gloves for oil change. However, note that the waxing will fade if you expose the glove too high temperatures. Also, the glove color might be compromised if it is too light.
How to prevent stretching in oil-changing gloves?
If your glove is made from leather, you will not have to worry about any unnatural stretching in the gloves for oil change. however, most other materials will show some signs of stretching as time passes. You should avoid exposing such gloves to extreme and sudden changes in temperature and dry cleaning.
How to find the right glove size?
You can follow the following chart to find the right glove size and buy the glove accordingly.
|US Sizes||EU Sizes|
|6 – 7 Inches||XS||152 – 178 Millimeters||6|
|7 – 8 Inches||S||178 – 203 Millimeters||7|
|8 – 9 Inches||M||203 – 229 Millimeters||8|
|9 – 10 Inches||L||229 – 254 Millimeters||9|
|10 – 11 Inches||XL||254 – 279 Millimeters||10|
|11 + Inches||XXL||279 + Millimeters||11|
With this, you should be aware of the best gloves for oil change that you should be using. Of course, you could have your preference. But make sure to think of all the factors contributing to making a good glove and buy one accordingly.
I am not a good blogger but I started blogging when I was in my college. one day scrolling my social media pages and top of the page one notification was coming like this “ earn money from blogging”.then I clicked that notification. After that, I was confused that which niche is better for me. Finally, I selected the niche and I was comfortable with that glove’s reviewer.