When choosing a glove, parents should consider their child’s preference first. If they have a favorite player, they may want that player’s glove. If they do not, then it’s important to decide what kind of glove they want based on their position in the field. It is also important to consider the size of their hand and how fast they can grow out of them!
Consider your child’s preferences when choosing a baseball glove for them. Make sure that it fits well because if it doesn’t then they won’t enjoy using it as much which will make practice less fun. If your kid is around 12 years old and you are looking for baseball gloves this article is for you.
Top 8 Baseball gloves for 12-Year-olds review
When you’re shopping for the best baseball gloves for 12-year-olds, you want to find a balance between price, quality, and ease of use. You also want to consider what position your child will play. There are different types of gloves for different positions, so it’s important that you know what position your child will be playing before purchasing a glove.
As with any other equipment, you can get great deals on quality baseball gloves if you shop around at local sporting goods stores or online. Many sporting goods stores have special offers during certain times of the year. These special offers can include free shipping or additional savings on items such as bats and balls. Some online stores may even offer free shipping with every purchase of a baseball glove.
Be sure to check the return policy of any store you’re considering buying from before making a final decision. Also, be sure to read customer reviews in order to get an idea of how well each store’s products perform before purchasing them. By doing this, you’ll be able to find the best baseball gloves for 12-year-olds at prices that won’t break the bank.
If you’re looking to buy a new youth mitt, check out our top picks from Rawlings and Franklin.
1. Rawlings Players Glove Series
The Rawlings Players Baseball Gloves are the first pair on this list. They feature an adjustable pull strap, which allows you to create a customized fit according to your hand size. They come in a wide range of sizes ranging from 9 inches all the way up to 11.5 inches so you’ll find a perfect fit for your hands.
These gloves are made from soft leather, which is durable and provides great comfort when worn. Furthermore, they only require minimal break-in time since they’ve already been pre-treated with conditioning oils. This means that you won’t need to spend hours practicing with them before they become usable on game day.
Rawlings is one of the most trusted names in baseball equipment and apparel. They have been around since 1887, which makes them one of the oldest companies still producing baseball gloves today. So it’s no surprise that they make some of the best gloves for 12-year-olds on the market.
The Players Glove Series from Rawlings offers a wide range of sizes from 9″ to 11.5″. This makes it easy for you to find a glove that fits your child perfectly. The full-grain leather also provides a better grip on the ball and is more durable than other materials like vinyl or PVC.
These gloves are available for all positions on the field, so you don’t have to worry about getting the wrong one for your child’s position.
- Designed specifically for youth players
- Size 9″ – 11.5″
- Lightweight leather construction
- Full-grain leather palm and webbing
- Conventional back with Velcro wrist strap
- Adjustable wrist strap and Velcro strap to ensure a better fit
- Basket web is ideal for multi-purpose players
- Soft leather is easy to break-in
- Contoured fit is lightweight and comfortable
- Full-grain leather shell & palm lining with soft, full-grain finger back linings
- Velcro strap allows it to fit nearly any size hand
- Easily adjustable
- Leather tends to rip after repeated use
- The inside of the glove isn’t designed for comfort
2. Franklin Sports Baseball and Softball Glove
Players of all ages are sure to love this glove. The Franklin Sports Baseball and Softball Glove – Field Master – Baseball and Softball Mitt is made from durable leather, making it an ideal choice for both beginners and pros.
- 5 inch outfield glove
- Easy close design
- Sure catch webbing
- Neo-flex back
- Right-handed thrower
- Sure catch webbing
- Deep pocket design with adjustable pull lace fastening system for improved fit
- Conventional back style to suit all players
- Deep, flexible pocket
- Comfortable, adjustable wrist strap
- Some customers have found that the leather on the glove has dry spots that crack easily
3. Franklin Sports Baseball Glove
Just as you would expect from a premium-quality Franklin glove, this Adult Proflex is made from 100% soft leather. The palm and the pocket are both made of synthetic leather which is extremely durable. And because it features a heavy duty Velcro strap and pull loop closure, you can be certain that it will stay on your hand no matter what.
This glove comes with a pre-curved finger design which helps to reduce the break in time considerably. It also features a mesh back construction which makes it much lighter and more comfortable to wear than other similar gloves on the market today.
The Franklin Sports Baseball Glove – ProFlex Adult Baseball + Softball Glove – Baseball + Fastpitch Softball Outfield Mitt – Left Handed Throw is certainly not cheap but you can be sure that it will provide you with years of trouble-free service. This glove is recommended for players of all ages and skill levels and is available in various sizes, including 9″, 10″, 11″ and 12″.
The ProFlex baseball glove from Franklin Sports has a great look, a nice feel, and is easy to use. It’s a great choice if you need an outfielder’s mitt for your 12-year old boy or girl.
- A soft pro-grade, oil-treated leather shell
- An ergonomically designed heel pad for flexibility and a quicker break-in period
- Right Hand Throw
- Professional look and feel for a great price
- Extra padding in the fingers and palm for added comfort
- Hand-shaped pocket is designed for easier ball control
- Leather will break in overtime, but may not be as durable as more expensive gloves
4. Rawlings Players Glove Series
Rawlings Gloves have been a part of the game longer than any other glove maker. Their long history continues to bring innovation to the field every season with new patterns and web styles, helping players take their defense to the next level.
Available in sizes 9″ – 11.5″, this series of gloves is perfect for young players just getting started on the diamond. The smaller finger stalls will fit better on younger hands while still providing a deep pocket that will help developing players pick up ground balls and fly balls with ease. Rawlings Youth Gloves feature velcro wrist straps that make them easy to put on and take off, so kids can get back in the game as quickly as possible when it’s their turn to bat or run the bases!
The Rawlings Players Series Youth Baseball Glove is the perfect option for any new player. It features a soft, full-grain leather shell that is handcrafted with premium materials to ensure a comfortable, game-ready feel. The adjustable wrist strap and finger back loops allow for a customized fit, while the padded thumb loop offers added comfort and protection during play.
- Genuine leather shell and lacing
- Zero Shock palm pad absorbs the shock of repeated use
- Padded thumb loop keeps the glove in the proper position
- Velcro wrist strap for easy closure and adjustment
- Game-ready feel
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Finger back loops
- Padded thumb loop
- Lightweight and durable
- Designed for T-Ball and Youth Baseball Players ages 9 and older
- 5″ pattern with a conventional open back
- Conventional open back designed for youth athletes with smaller hands
- Easy close Velcro strap design allows for easy closure
- Durable leather palm with cushioned fingerback linings
- Vented hand opening allows for added breathability
- Not for players with larger hands
- Available in right hand throw only (glove worn on left hand)
5. Rawlings Player Preferred Baseball
When you son or daughter is ready to move up a level in competition, it is time for the Rawlings Player Preferred Baseball/Softball Glove Series. This is the best baseball glove for 12-year-olds because it has the same quality and durability that Rawlings is known for, but also gives you many options in terms of price and size.
The Rawlings Player Preferred Baseball/Softball Glove Series is designed with all-leather shells for flexibility and durability. This series has a variety of patterns, and you’ll find gloves for kids, teens and adults. The gloves are ideal for infielders, outfielders and pitchers, so you don’t have to buy separate gloves for every position.
Rawlings says its Player Preferred Glove Series is designed with a Pro H web pattern that’s strong enough to handle pitches at any speed. The Pro H webbing is an open design that lets you see through the pocket to track down fly balls and line drives or to see the ball as it comes into your glove when you’re pitching. The gloves have adjustable Velcro wrist straps so the user can decide how tightly their glove fits on their hand. Rawlings Player Preferred Gloves are available in black, brown, red, and tan.
- Available in four sizes: 11 inches, 11.5 inches, 12 inches, and 12.5 inches (infield)
- Weighs 1 pound and 3 ounces
- Comes with a full leather palm and web
- Great for infielders who want an easier break-in time
- Is designed for right-handed throwers only
- Has a durable basket web design that makes it easy to catch the ball.
- All-leather shell with soft cloth finger back lining
- Basket web and conventional back
- Zero Shock palm pad
- Durable leather laces
- Relaxed fit for easy break-in and quick playability
- Some customers have complained that the glove was not sufficiently broken-in when they received it. However, this is typical of new gloves, so it’s not really a drawback.
6. Rawlings Renegade Baseball/Softball glove series
Rawlings has created a great starter glove for the young ballplayer in your life. The Renegade Series Glove is made from all leather, which means it is durable and will last longer than synthetic gloves. It also helps to improve break-in time.
The Renegade Series Glove comes in many sizes, so you can find one that fits the age and hand size of your young ballplayer. All models come with a Velcro strap, so it can be adjusted to fit snugly on your player’s hand too.
If you’re looking for a glove that will get the job done on the field, look no further than the Rawlings Renegade Series Glove.
- Open back with adjustable strap
- Rawlings Heart of the Hide Series design
- Full-grain leather palm and shell
- Flexible padding for added comfort
- Pro-H webbing
- Durable leather shell with a soft palm lining, making it easier to close the glove
- Easy to break-in
- Double-welted leather provides extra support and shape retention
- Great value for the price
- Some owners say the webbing is too wide.
7. Franklin sports Softball glove
This glove is made from high-quality leather with a Basket Web that allows it to be used by both left and right-handed players. It is a youth glove, so it is available in an 11-inch size or a 12-inch size that is appropriate for 12-year-olds. It also has a buffalo leather palm lining that makes the interior of the glove very comfortable for the player’s hand.
This glove can be used in all positions on the field and has a deep pocket that makes it suitable for catching fastballs as well as slower pitches. The glove is also flexible, which means that players should not have to spend time breaking it in before they can use it to catch balls thrown at them.
- Adult and Youth Softball Glove, 11.5 and 12 Inch
- Lightweight, Breathable, Softball Glove
- Dual Post Web Design
- Adjustable Pull Strap Closure
- Adult and Youth Fielding Glove
- Available in Right-Hand Throw and Left-Hand Throw
- Available in 11.5 Inch and 12 Inch
- Premium leather shell for durability
- Designed for right and left-handed players
- Adjustable wrist strap
- This pro style baseball glove utilizes a deep pocket design and has a closed web that makes it easy for younger players to close
- It has a unique, lightweight construction and the soft leather material makes it durable
- Overall, this is just an excellent glove at a very good price. The only downside is that it’s not as durable as some of the higher-end gloves on this list.
8. Franklin sports Teeball infinite web fielding glove
The Franklin Sports Teeball Infinite Web/Shok-Sorb Combo Series Fielding Glove, 10.5-Inch is a glove that is perfect for your child’s first games of catch and backyard fun. This unique baseball glove offers a deep pocket design to allow for easier fielding, and a Shok-Sorb palm pad that helps to reduce the sting from hard throws. This youth baseball glove also features extra padding on the thumb and pinky, making it one of the best youth baseball gloves out there!
This youth baseball glove has an easy-to-close Velcro strap, so your child can be up and playing in no time at all. What’s even better is that this baseball glove comes pre-oiled and ready to play with! Plus, thanks to its synthetic leather construction, this kids’ baseball glove is easy to break in and will last for many games of catch to come.
Unlike some lesser quality youth baseball gloves that fall apart after just a few games, the Franklin Sports Teeball Infinite Web/Shok-Sorb Combo Series Fielding Glove, 10.5-Inch is made to last! This durable kids’ baseball glove features a fully embroidered cover with reinforced finger slots, so you know your child’s new favorite.
- Premium PU construction
- Easy close strap
- Shok-Sorb palm pad minimizes sting, enhances pocket support and shape retention
- Index finger padding improves comfort and protection during play
- Infinite web design provides flexibility for every position
- It offers excellent protection for the fingers
- Great design and fit
- Very easy to break-in
- The soft material means less sting when catching
- The adjustable strap makes it easy to get on and off
- The Mesh is of good quality and is not prone to wear and tear
- A shallow pocket might not be deep enough for some positions
What size glove should a 12-year-old use?
Sporting-goods companies make thousands of different baseball gloves for adults and children. The specific model of glove you choose depends on your age, position, and experience level. Baseba ll gloves are measured in inches from the tip of the glove’s index finger across its back. A player’s age does not determine his glove size; instead, the length of his fingers determines his glove size.
Baseball gloves for 12-year-old players are usually between 11 and 12 inches long. The length of a baseball glove is important because it helps determine where a fielder will play on the field. Pitchers typically use smaller gloves than other positions because they need to easily switch between gripping the ball with their fingers and gripping it with their thumbs. Infielders often use larger gloves than outfielders because they need more padding when they catch ground balls and throw them to first base.
Smaller gloves are easier to control but offer less protection than larger ones. Larger gloves provide more protection but are harder to control. Most 12-year-old players use 11 1/2-inch baseball gloves, regardless of position or personal preference.
What to look at before buying a baseball glove for 12-year-olds
Buying a baseball glove for your 12-year-old can be a confusing experience. There are lots of options and the gloves are often expensive. The following simple guide will help you get the right glove at the best price.
- Don’t buy your kid a catcher’s mitt at this age. You might think it’s cool that they’ll be able to catch like Yadier Molina, but they won’t be able to get their hand in the mitt before 6th grade, and you’ll have wasted a lot of money.
- Measure your kid’s hand length and width using this guide at www.thebestgloveguide.com/measure/. A glove with a pocket that fits their hand size is most important in helping them catch the ball.
- Buy online from somewhere with free returns (like Amazon). If you buy at a retail store, you’ll be more likely to overpay (they often don’t offer free returns) and less likely to get a glove that fits properly (you can’t measure your kid’s hand length in the store).
- Make sure you can return the glove if it doesn’t fit or if your son or daughter doesn’t like it for any reason.
What is the best youth baseball glove for my 12-year-old?
A: The best youth baseball glove for your 12-year-old will depend on his position and playing level. Infielders need a smaller glove (10” to 11”) with stiffer leather. Pitchers can use a larger glove but need one that allows them to quickly snap their wrist and release the ball. Outfielders often prefer a larger glove (11.5”) because it helps them catch fly balls. Generally speaking, the stiffer the leather, the better. It will result in less break-in time and provide an overall better pocket shape right out of the box.
Which glove should I get for my 12-year-old?
If your 12-year-old plays in a league, you should first find out what type of glove the league requires. Most leagues require an 11- or 11.5-inch glove, but some leagues have restrictions on the type of webbing and the position for which the glove can be used.
My kid’s league requires an infielder’s glove. Should I get him one?
As a rule of thumb, if your child has played organized baseball for at least one season, then yes, you will want to get him an infielder’s glove. The main reason is that these gloves are typically lighter and easier to close than the larger gloves used by outfielders and first basemen.
What position does my kid need a glove for?
It depends on your kid, but also on your league’s rules and how you’re playing. First Base: For leagues where you’re not allowed to use a first baseman’s mitt, you should probably get one anyway because it makes it easier to catch balls thrown from the pitcher in the dirt.
Outfield: If you’re playing on a team that uses a normal outfield glove instead of an outfielder’s mitt, get both kids and see what your kid likes better. Pitcher: Most 12-year-olds pitch only occasionally so if you’re spending money on a special pitcher’s glove you’re probably wasting it; use that money for batting practice instead.
This baseball glove review has provided you with some great options for 12-year-olds. We hope that you will use the information provided and put your child in a position to succeed.
Having the right glove is important, but it’s not everything. Encourage them to work hard, and to give it they’re all. They might not be playing for a professional contract yet, but it may be closer than they think.
I am not a good blogger but I started blogging when I was in my college. one day scrolling my social media pages and top of the page one notification was coming like this “ earn money from blogging”.then I clicked that notification. After that, I was confused that which niche is better for me. Finally, I selected the niche and I was comfortable with that glove’s reviewer.